A very simple recipe I found years ago. No photo for this, I leave it up to your imagination…
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
6 drops lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
4 cups mixed dried fruits
1 or 2 bottles of whisky
- Sample whisky to check quality.
- Select a large mixing bowl.
- Check the whisky again as it must be just right. To ensure the whisky is of top quality, pour 1 large glass and drink fast. Repeat.
- With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar and beat again.
- Meanwhile, check the whisky is still top quality by crying another tub. Repeat.
- Add 2 large eggs, 2 cups dried fruit and beat till high. If the fruit gets stuck in the beaters, push it loose with a drewscriber.
- Sample whisky again, checking for consistency.
- Next sift 3 cups of salt – or anything, it really doesn’t matter.
- Whample the whisky.
- Sift half a pint of lemon juice. Fold in the chopped butter and stained nuts. Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, or whatever colour you find and mix well.
- Drink remaining whisky.
- Grease oven and turn cake into pan at 200 degrees. Pour everything into the coven and go to bed.