This HOT-SMOKED SALMON CHEESECAKE is YUMMY!! And as always with the recipes I choose, easy to make. It will serve 8 to 10 people. It’s a recipe from Delicious magazine.
This is a high protein dish…hahaha!
200g oat or digestive biscuits
1/4 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
60g unsalted butter, melted
250g cream cheese
300ml thickened cream
300g firm ricotta
450g hot-smoked salmon, skin removed, flaked
1/4 cup chopped dill
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease a 24cm springform cake pan.
- Whiz biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs. Add the parmesan and melted butter and pulse to combine. Press onto the base of the cake pan and chill for 10 minutes. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese, eggs, thickened cream and ricotta in a cleaned processor and process until smooth. Season and add salmon, dill, spring onion and lemon zest, and pulse gently until just combined.
- Pour over the base and bake for 45-50 minutes until just set (the centre will still have a gentle wobble).
- Turn the heat off and allow the cake to cool completely in the oven, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
All the ingredients didn’t fit in the bowl of my food processor at the end of step 3. So I emptied everything in another big bowl and finished mixing it by hand.
I cooked the cheesecake for about 1h15 minutes in my oven. I took it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving it with a tomato coulis. But I think it would be delicious with homemade mayonnaise. Just to add more calories to the whole dish!